Public Works Permit Center

For your protection, effective Monday, March 16, 2020, City Hall and City Hall Annex lobbies are closed until further notice.

If you are doing work that requires a permit(s), you can access Public Works permits through the Permit Center page. Completed permits can be emailed to, and payments can be delivered to the drop box for water payments located at City Hall. For deliveries, please call (816) 331-4331

This will greatly reduce close contact and assist in reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

 Thank you!

Permits and Permit Related Information

Land Disturbance

The City of Belton and the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (MoDNR) both require permits for land disturbance activities.

City Permits:

Land-Disturbance-Less-than-1-Acre.pdf(PDF, 94KB)

Land-Disturbance-Greater-than-1-Acre.pdf(PDF, 105KB)

Link to MoDNR Permits:

MoDNR Land Disturbance Permits

Public Improvements

The City of Belton requires a Public Improvements Permit for all construction of public infrastructure.

Belton-Public-Improvements-Permit.pdf(PDF, 494KB)

Traffic Control

A traffic control permit is required for any work in the right-of-way and any other work that will impact traffic.

Temporary Traffic Control Permit(PDF, 279KB)




Permits are required for all work within the right-of-way, including temporary traffic control, except as provided in Sec. 19-140 of the City ordinances.  Replacement of driveways, plumbing repairs, or installation of a sprinkler system in the right-of-way does require a right-of-way permit.

Contractors must provide a certificate of insurance and a surety bond.

Permit Forms
Permit for Work on City Right-of-way, City Easement, or City Property(PDF, 290KB)
Permit for Temporary Traffic Control(PDF, 279KB)

Bond Forms
Annual Performance and Maintenance Bond - $50,000(PDF, 154KB)
Individual Performance and Maintenance Bond - $5,000(PDF, 154KB)

For more information on working in the right-of-way, please visit the Working in the Right-of-Way page.

Working in the Right-of-Way


The Missouri Department of Natural Resources (MoDNR) requires permitting for construction of new water and sanitary sewer lines.

Public Drinking Water Construction Permit Application

Sanitary Sewer Extension Construction Permit Application

For other forms, applications, and other documents, follow the link below to the MoDNR webpage.

MoDNR Forms, Applications, Permits, Manuals, and Other Documents


The City of Belton and the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) require permits and certifications for any development in a floodplain. 

City of Belton Floodplain Development Permit(PDF, 305KB)

SEMA "No-Rise" Certificate

FEMA Elevation Certificate

Quick Guide for Floodplain Management(PDF, 9MB)

For more information, click the link below.

SEMA Floodplain Forms


Click the link below for Building and Planning Department permits and related information.

Building and Planning Department