Business License Applications and Information


Renewal and Expiration of existing 2024 licenses

5/21/2024 UPDATE - Current business licenses expire June 30, 2024. City licenses have an expiration date printed on them. Staff is actively working on a new online license processing system. Unfortunately, there have been delays in its launch that will impact the June 30, 2024, renewal period. Businesses with an active business license on June 30, 2024, will have their license period automatically extended to January 1, 2025, with no penalty.* The six-month extension will automatically be applied with no additional action needed from business owners.** Current business license holders will be notified of this extension.

As January 1, 2025, approaches, information will be sent out regarding the online platform, setting up an account, and applying for a 2025 business license. 

Questions? Please contact the City Clerk's office. 816-331-4331 or

Please visit our FAQ page.

*This extension does not apply to liquor licenses. City liquor licenses will retain their July 1-June 30 license period to coincide with the state license period. 
**All business licenses that require evidence of liability and workers' compensation insurance per Section 6-55 of the Code of Ordinances will be required to maintain active certificates of insurance, which will be confirmed prior to the issuance of any permit.

New Business License Applications (not for renewals)

There are different types of license applications for different types of businesses. Please submit all documents along with fee and additional paperwork to the Deputy City Clerk. Click here for information on payment options.

Questions about licensing or applications? Please contact the Deputy City Clerk at 816-331-4331 or

*Landlords, please use the Landlord Business License Application below
**Mobile Vendors, please use the Mobile Vendor Business License Application below

Additional Resources
If you have any questions about these additional resources, please contact the Deputy City Clerk at 816-331-4331 or  

  • Retail businesses are required to submit with their Business License Application a statement from the Missouri Department of Revenue indicating the business has "no tax due." Use this link to log into your MoDOR account and download a No Tax Due statement. 
  • The Missouri Secretary of State Corporations Unit requires all domestic and out-of-state business entities doing business in Missouri to be registered with the MoSOS. This includes corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, close corporations, and others. Use this link to register your company or print a Certificate of Good Standing or Certificate of Authority Business entities required to register with the MoSOS are required to submit with a NEW Business License Application either a Certificate of Good Standing or a Certificate of Authority.
  • Workers' Compensation Affidavit of Exemption(PDF, 117KB)
    Contractors in the construction industry who are exempt from the requirements of the Missouri Workers' Compensation Law are required to provide with their General Business License Application either a signed Affidavit or a signed statement provided on page 2 of the Application.