Streets and Curbs

Pothole Patching.jpg



Phone: 816-331-9455
Fax: 816-322-1657

Business Hours:

Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 3:30 pm



The Transportation Division is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the City's street and stormwater collection infrastructure. This includes maintaining and repairing:

  • Asphalt and concrete
  • City-owned signage and traffic signals
  • Landscaping and rights of way
  • Snow removal and street striping
  • Stormwater collection systems


The Transportation Division also participates in special community projects as needed.

Fast Facts

The City of Belton currently has:

  • 265 lane miles of streets
  • 53 miles of storm pipe
  • 3,017 storm structures
  • 3,135 street signs


The following policies describe how the Transportation Division handles each work task.

Winter Weather Policy(PDF, 2MB)

Street Sweeping Policy(PDF, 99KB)

Traffic Operations Policy(PDF, 285KB)


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report a pothole?

Please call the Street Maintenance Division at (816) 331-9455 to report a pothole.

How do I report a streetlight problem?

Streetlight problems can be reported to Kansas City Power and Light (KCP&L) at (816) 513-9595, or online. Please provide your name, address, location of problem light, and pole number. Report an Outage


How do I report a damaged/downed street sign?

To report a damaged / downed street sign, please call the Street Maintenance Division at (816) 331-9455.

What is the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) responsible for?

The Missouri Department of Transportation is responsible for the maintenance of 58 Highway, 71 Highway, and Y-Highway (Cedar) south of 58 Highway. They maintain the roadway, the signs, and the traffic signals along 58 Highway and at 71 Highway & 163rd Street. They are also responsible for mowing along 71 Highway.

How do I report a problem to the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDot)?

To report a problem to MoDot please call customer service at (816) 622-6500 or use the following link to reoprt the problem via the internet. MoDot Repair Request Form


How do I dispose of yard debris?

You can dispose of brush, leaves, and grass clippings at Lawn Corps located at 58 Highway & Prospect. For questions you can call (816) 761-3046.



Are you interested in water quality and protecting the environment? Are you tired of seeing trash lining our streets?  Now is the time to start planning a clean-up event!


Click the button below to learn more about out Adopt-a-Street Program.