The Adopt-a-Street program is a partnership program between the City of Belton and its citizens and/or community groups. It enables interested parties to adopt a city street section (a minimum of 1/2 mile to a maximum of 1 mile) in return for completing scheduled clean-ups and clean-up reports for the designated street section a minimum of twice per year and for a period of two years. Each group will be recognized with signage placed along their designated street section.
Benefits of the Adopt-a-Street Program:
- Pride in the community
- Sets an example for others, especially children
- Shows you care about environmental issues
- Improves the quality of life in your neighborhood
- Enjoy the outdoors with friends, neighbors and colleagues
- Makes a difference-TRASH AFFECTS EVERYONE!
For questions regarding the Adopt-a-Street Program, please contact the Transportation Division at (816) 331-9455.