Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program
Mobile Event Information
Throughout the year, Belton residents have access to mobile collection sites to drop off unwanted household hazardous wastes for proper disposal. There is no charge for this service, but be prepared to show proof of residency.
Wastes must be brought to the collection event; no wastes will be picked up at the curb.Residential waste only - no business waste accepted. For a complete listing of this year's events, check recyclespot.org
The Belton/Raymore mobile event host date is on the Belton City Calendar. Although, Belton residents may attend any collection event.
2020 Regional HHW Collection Program Brochure
- Prescription drugs
- Yard Waste
- Pressurized gas cylinders
- Items containing asbestos
|Tips for gathering your HHW for safe disposal
- Seal containers tightly.
- Bring items in their original containers inside a sturdy box.
- If original container is leaking or damaged, transfer product to a safe container and re-label.
- Don't mix products together.
- Be prepared to leave your containers. Containers such as gasoline cans will not be returned at mobile events.
In addition to mobile events, permanent collection centers are located across the metro area.
There is no charge for Belton residents to drop off at this permanent collection center, but proof of residency is required.
Kansas City facility (816) 513-8400
Address: 4707 Deramus St, KCMO
Hours: Thursday-Friday 9am-6pm; Saturday 9am-4pm.
No Appointment Required.
Lee's Summit facility (816) 550-1612
Address: 2101 SE Hamblen Rd, Lee's Summit
Click here for hours, days, appointment information, and what is accepted.