The City of Belton is accepting applications to fill the full-time position of Senior Center Coordinator. The right candidate will enjoy working with the 60+ senior population and providing age-appropriate, engaging activities and programs. This position is under the guidance and direction of the City Clerk, in accordance with MARC and the Division of Aging, but day-to-day activity is done independently. The right candidate will be self-motivated, detailed oriented, and creative.
For additional details, please see the Senior Center Coordinator job description(PDF, 37KB).
Required Skills and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the Belton Senior Center site to ensure program responsibilities are being met while coordinating daily operations
- Keep accurate records of required documentation including, but not limited to, center activities, deliveries, meal service, volunteers, Oats Bus transit, and calendars
- Knowledge of Health Department requirements for safe food handling practices and kitchen procedures
- Responds to senior center and senior services questions and inquires
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook and Excel
- General office skills – filing, letter writing/email, telephone etiquette, customer service
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication
- Occasional duties assigned at City Hall
High school diploma or GED; prior experience working with seniors; knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Obtain a valid Food Handlers Card within 30 days of hire; certification in CPR and HIPPA; valid Missouri driver's license.
Salary range begins at $29,372 per year DOQ with a competitive benefit package. Hours are generally 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, but some work may involve additional hours. Occasional travel may be required to attend required conferences or meetings. This travel is generally in the Kansas City Metro area.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, a City application, and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Belton City Hall, Attn: Andrea Cunningham, 506 Main Street, Belton, Missouri 64012. No phone calls please.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Upon selection, a background check and physical/drug test are required.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)