The City of Belton is accepting applications for a part-time Payroll and Benefits Assistant in the Finance Department. The right candidate must be a self-starter; possess the ability to work independently; be able to determine project priority; be able to handle sensitive information in a discreet and confidential manner; and work effectively with all levels of employees.
Required Skills and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Experience working with payroll and human resources benefits coordination
- Preparing and analyzing complex data, spreadsheets, and comprehensive reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows applications
- General office skills – filing, letter writing/email, telephone etiquette, customer service
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication
Associate Degree in Office Management, Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting, or related field with two years of experience working in an office environment; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Approximately 15-20 hours per week; $14.47 to $16.78 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, city application, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Belton City Hall, Attn: Sheila Ernzen, 506 Main Street, Belton, MO 64012. No phone calls please.
Upon selection, a background check and physical/drug test are required.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)