The City of Belton is establishing a hiring list for a full-time Firefighter/Paramedic.
The Belton Fire Department protects a rapidly growing city of approximately 24,000 citizens. The department operates out of two fire stations with each station housing an Engine or Aerial and an Ambulance Unit. Currently the department has 46 full-time employees and operates on a 3-shift system using the Berkley Model.
The department responds to approximately 6,000 calls a year with 5,000 being EMS and 1,000 being fire related calls.
The Belton Fire Department is seeking applicants with the right attitude and abilities to perform as a Firefighter/Paramedic. This is a great position in a fast-paced working environment. It is very important that applicants possess the right attitude toward serving the public, other city departments, and other agencies.
Applicants must be self-directed, highly motivated and have the willingness to follow orders.
Day to day activities will include the following:
- Be prepared to respond to all fire and emergency medical calls and render immediate, effective and appropriate care
- Daily training with your unit and departmental training
- Clean, service and return apparatus and equipment to emergency readiness
- Clean, repair and maintain station quarters and grounds
- Perform Fire Safety inspections of local businesses
- Public Education Programs
- Give fire department station tours
- Maintain personal physical fitness and participate in an on-duty physical fitness program
- Perform other duties as assigned
The applicant would report to and be supervised by a station captain.
The applicant must submit copies of the following with their application:
- Current State of Missouri Paramedic License
- Valid state driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Firefighter I & Firefighter II certifications
- Haz-Mat Awareness and Haz-Mat Operations certificates
- CPAT certification current within one year of hire
Applications will also be accepted from Paramedic-only applicants willing to attend an accelerated fire training academy paid for by the department. Preference will remain with applicants holding all EMS and Fire certifications.
If selected the applicant must successfully pass a background check, drug test, and medical physical test all performed and paid for by the city.
If selected, you will receive a very competitive benefit package that includes the following:
- Starting salary $44,694
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Social Security
- Lagers L-6 Retirement Plan (2% Multiplier)
The evaluation process will start soon to establish a hiring list for future openings. Applications will remain open until the process date is determined in either June or July.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, submitted in person to the Belton Fire Department, Attn. Fire Chief John T. Sapp, 16300 N. Mullen Rd, Belton, Missouri 64012.
Each qualified applicant must submit a cover letter, city application, and all their required certificates. Applications are available online www.belton.org.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).