The City of Belton is seeking applications for Firefighter/EMT to establish a hiring list for future positions.
The Belton Fire Department protects a rapidly growing city of approximately 24,000 citizens. The department operates out of two fire stations with each station housing an Engine or Aerial and an Ambulance Unit. Currently the department has 46 full-time employees and operates on a 3-shift system using the Berkley Model.
The department responds to approximately 6,000 calls a year with 5,000 being EMS and 1,000 being fire related calls.
The Belton Fire Department is seeking applicants with the right attitude and abilities to perform as a Firefighter/EMT. This is a great position in a fast-paced working environment. It is very important that applicants possess the right attitude toward serving the public, other city departments, and other agencies.
Applicants must be self-directed, highly motivated and have the willingness to follow orders.
Day to day activities will include the following:
- Be prepared to respond to all fire and emergency medical calls and render immediate, effective and appropriate care
- Daily training with your unit and departmental training
- Clean, service and return apparatus and equipment to emergency readiness
- Clean, repair and maintain station quarters and grounds
- Perform Fire Safety inspections of local businesses
- Public Education Programs
- Give fire department station tours
- Maintain personal physical fitness and participate in an on-duty physical fitness program
- Perform other duties as assigned
The applicant would report to and be supervised by a station captain.
Upon selection, the applicant must successfully pass a background check, drug test, and medical physical test all performed and paid for by the city.
Upon selection, you will receive a very competitive benefit package that includes the following:
- Starting salary EMT $40,490.74
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Social Security
- Lagers L-6 Retirement Plan (2% Multiplier)
- Gym membership
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Applications will be accepted through 12:00 p.m., August 15, 2021. The evaluation process will be August 16 and 18, 2021.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or submitted in person to the Belton Fire Department, Attn. Fire Chief John T. Sapp, 16300 N. Mullen Rd, Belton, Missouri 64012.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Firefighter I/II IFSC or Pro Board Certification
- Hazardous Materials Awareness IFSAC or Pro Board Certification
- Hazardous Materials Operations IFSAC Pro Certification
- Missouri EMT license
- Current AHA Basic Life Support
- Current CPAT within last year
Each qualified applicant must submit a cover letter, city application, and all their required certificates. Applications and full job descriptions are available online www.belton.org.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).