The City of Belton, Missouri and its APWA-Accredited Public Works Department – Engineering Division is seeking qualified applications for the position of Engineer I. The team this individual will work with is a high character group with an excellent attitude toward public service. A high level of performance is expected with ability to excel in a teamwork environment. The Engineer I position reports to a Professional Engineer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (only a representative summary)
- Works on projects for the City’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP);
- Works with City Staff as needed to keep the project on schedule and provide appropriate response times to customer requests and provides feedback regarding performance of delegated tasks;
- Maintains knowledge base and researches activities associated with City software such as GIS, InfoSewer, InfoWater, Pavement Management, Project Management, and CAD;
- Provides engineering support/information for other City Departments including Administration, Streets, Water, Sanitary Sewer, Parks, Police, etc.; reviews engineering manuals and provides technical responses as needed;
- Supports the relationship between the City of Belton and the constituent population by providing excellent customer service; promotes the City goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures; maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, client records, and City information; and performs related duties as required and assigned;
- Ensures that job duties are complete in strict adherence to established safe work practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Valid FE (Engineer Intern) certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Refer to attached job description for required knowledge of, required skill in, and physical demands/work environment information
Starting Salary Range: $55,817 - $60,109, DOQ, with a competitive benefits package
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and City of Belton Employment Application to Greg Rokos, Public Works Director by email to email@example.com.
Upon selection, a background check and physical/drug test are required.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).