GENERAL PURPOSE: Under general direction, conducts and documents building inspection activities to ensure compliance with adopted building codes and related municipal codes and zoning ordinances for the City.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED and three years of experience in general construction, contracting, planning, project design or materials procurement that includes lead-work, supervisory or foreman experience over assigned projects; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Possession of a valid State of Missouri or Kansas Driver’s License.
- Completion of ICC Building Inspector Certification or the ability to obtain full certification within one (1) year of appointment.
Required Knowledge of:
- Construction permitting processes; industry standard building construction practices, methods and materials.
- Principles and techniques of review and evaluation of construction plans and related technical data for compliance with codes and standards.
- City/departmental standards for the creation and maintenance of records, including automated records and databases.
- Procedural and legal processes involved in the resolution of code violations.
- Federal, state, and local laws applicable to building and zoning codes.
- Effective communication principles and practices to include public relations.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers, computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Principles of business letter writing.
Interested applicants should submit an application, resume and cover letter to Madison Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 520 Main Street, Belton, MO 64012.
Upon selection, a background check and physical/drug test are required.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)