Permit Applications & Information
Building Permit Information
Building Permits may be required for structural additions, deletions, electrical, plumbing and mechanical changes. Some examples are roof replacements, a new panel box, new bathroom, and HVAC changes. To see a complete list see Building Permit Guidelines(PDF, 20KB) or call (816) 331-4331.
Permit fees are primarily based on the value of the project and are calculated in accordance with the fee schedule(PDF, 319KB) located in the Unified Development Code.
Permit Application Submittal
For more information about commercial permits please see the documents below:
For more information about residential permits please see the documents below:
- Residential Building Permit Application (PDF, 21KB)
- Residential Permit Packet - New Home Construction(PDF, 8MB)
- Basement Finish(PDF, 113KB)
- Decks(PDF, 7MB)
- Demolition Information(PDF, 21KB)
- Garage(PDF, 111KB)
- Manufactured/Mobile Home Permit Application(PDF, 117KB)
- PODS - Personal Storage Units(PDF, 209KB)
- Request for Extension or Renewal of Expired Permit(PDF, 16KB)
- Room Additions(PDF, 106KB)
- Single-Family Dwelling (PDF, 106KB)
- Solar Application and Checklist(PDF, 565KB)
- Storage Sheds(PDF, 58KB)
- Swimming Pools(PDF, 120KB)
Permits can be emailed to Madison Smith or dropped off at 520 Main Street.
*Please note some permits will require hard copy plan sets*
Questions: please call 816-331-4331