Permit Applications & Information
Building Permit Information
Building Permits may be required for structural additions, deletions, electrical, plumbing and mechanical changes. Some examples are roof replacements, a new panel box, new bathroom, and HVAC changes. To see a complete list see Building Permit Guidelines(PDF, 20KB) or call us (816) 331-4331.
Permit fees are primarily based on the value of the project and are calculated in accordance with the fee schedule(PDF, 319KB) located in the Unified Development Code.
Permit Application Submittal
Permit applications can be emailed to Madison Smith or turned in at the City Hall Annex, 520 Main Street, Belton, MO 64012.
Questions? Need to make changes to a permit? Call us at 816-331-4331.
For more information about residential permits please see the documents below:
- Residential Building Permit Application(PDF, 21KB) (Used for all residential projects)
- Residential Permitting Packet - New Construction(PDF, 8MB)
- Residential Building Permit Submittal Information(PDF, 43KB)
- Basement Finish Submittal Requirements(PDF, 113KB)
- Carport Installation Requirements(PDF, 72KB)
- Deck Guide(PDF, 7MB)
- Demolition Information & Submittal Requirements(PDF, 21KB)
- Garage Requirements (Attached & Detached)(PDF, 111KB)
- Mobile Home Installation Permit Application(PDF, 117KB) (For mobile homes only)
- PODS - Personal Storage Unit Guidelines(PDF, 209KB)
- Request for Extension or Renewal of Expired Permit(PDF, 16KB)
- Room Addition(s) Requirements(PDF, 106KB)
- Single Family Dwelling Submittal Requirements(PDF, 106KB)
- Shed Guidelines & Submittal Requirements(PDF, 58KB)
- Swimming Pool/Spa Submittal Requirements(PDF, 120KB)
- Solar Application & Checklist(PDF, 565KB) (To be submitted with the residential permit application)
For more information about commercial permits please see the documents below:
*Please note some permits will require hard copy plan sets*
Not seeing the application you were looking for? Check with the Planning Department.