Are you interested in water quality and protecting the environment? Are you tired of seeing trash lining your neighborhood stream? Now is the time to start planning a clean-up event!
As part of the City of Belton’s efforts to create a safer, healthier place for people and wildlife, the City is seeking volunteers (individuals, groups, or organizations) to participate in an Adopt-A-Stream Program. The program is designed to encourage community and personal level participation in our clean water endeavors by asking citizens to become actively involved in protecting our water resources.
The program enables interested parties to adopt a stream in return for completing a minimum of two (2) stream clean-ups per year for a period of two (2) years. The City recommends one clean-up event in the late spring/early summer and one in the fall. The City will provide clean-up supplies and signs to designate adopted areas.
Benefits of the Adopt-A-Stream Program
- Builds pride in the community
- Sets a good example for others, especially our youth
- Protects our natural resources
- Improves the quality of our local bodies of water
- Provides an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors with friends, neighbors, and colleagues
- Makes a difference – TRASH AFFECTS EVERYONE
For questions regarding the Adopt-A-Stream Program, please contact Public Works at 816-331-4331.