The City of Belton is accepting applications for a part-time Payroll / Accounts Payable Clerk in the Finance Department. The right candidate must be a self-starter; possess the ability to work independently; be able to determine project priority; be able to handle sensitive information in a discreet and confidential manner; and work effectively with all levels of employees. Click here(PDF, 35KB) for a full job description.
Required Skills and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- General clerical, payroll, and accounting procedures.
- Human resources benefits coordination.
- City policies and procedures.
- Accounting software and automated financial systems.
- Program/project management techniques and principles.
- General office skills – filing, letter writing/email, telephone etiquette, excellent customer service
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Approximately 20 hours per week; starts at $19.56 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, city application, and resume to email@example.com, or mail to Belton City Hall, Attn: Mari Jones, 506 Main Street, Belton, MO 64012. No phone calls please.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Upon selection, a background check and physical/drug test are required.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)