The City of Belton is accepting applications to fill the part-time position of Senior Center Assistant. The right candidate will enjoy working with the 60+ population and assisting with age-appropriate activities and programs. This position is under the direction of the Senior Center Coordinator, in accordance with MARC and the Division of Aging. The right candidate will be self-motivated, detailed oriented, and creative.
For additional details, please see the PT Senior Center Assistant job description(PDF, 140KB).
Required Skills and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Train with the Belton Senior Center coordinator to fulfill Senior Center duties in the absence of the Coordinator.
- Perform a variety of support functions including checking patrons in when they arrive; assisting with programs for patrons, such as social recreation activities, arts and crafts, and educational programs.
- Prepare kitchen and dining room for arrival of patrons; handles food in accordance with safe practices including food temperature taking and food serving.
- Inspect weekly supply inventory and storage for quality, quantity, and accuracy; ensure all supplies are properly stored.
- Cleaning/washing dishes/sweeping and mopping/trash collection/bathroom cleaning.
- Assist with closing procedures each day.
- Respond to senior center and senior services questions and inquires.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook and Excel.
- General office skills – filing, letter writing/email, telephone etiquette, customer service.
- Effective and clear oral and written communication.
High school diploma or GED; prior experience working with seniors 60+; knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook and Excel.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Obtain a valid Food Handlers Card within 30 days of hire; Certification in CPR and HIPPA-required training; valid Missouri driver’s license and own vehicle (travel for required duties may be reimbursed).
Hourly wage is $16.05/hr. The Senior Center is open Monday-Friday from 8am-2pm. Part-time hours are flexible and will be set by the Coordinator but may generally be 8am-1pm each day, averaging 20 hours/wk. Dependability and consistency in daily work hours is a must. There will be times when the Coordinator is absent. The part-time employee will cover the Center and ensure activities and programs are completed in accordance with MARC requirements.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Must be able to stand, sit, and walk for long periods at a time. Travel may be required to attend meetings at MARC and other locations. This travel is generally in the Kansas City Metro area.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, a City application, and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to Belton City Hall, Attn: Andrea Cunningham, 520 Main Street, Belton, Missouri 64012. No phone calls please.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Upon selection, a background check and background check and drug test are required.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)