The City of Belton is accepting applications to fill the position of Human Resources Specialist in the Human Resources Department.
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for administrative and technical human resources support. This includes assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and other benefit plans. This position will also assist with other day to day activities including recruitment and processing of new employees, new employee orientation, employee engagement activities, work comp, leave of absence programs and office administration.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to develop professional social media posts.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in HR or related field of study preferred. Experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education.
- Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration required.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR) certification preferred.
The City of Belton offers a competitive benefit package.
Applicants must complete a City application by clicking on the link below, and send a resume and cover letter via email to Carla Wallen, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Click here to apply!
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)