The City of Belton is accepting applications for a Human Resources Professional. The right candidate must be a self-starter; possess the ability to work both independently and collaboratively; be able to prioritize projects appropriately; have the ability to handle sensitive information in a discreet and confidential manner; and work effectively with all levels of employees. Click here for a full job description.(DOC, 58KB)
Required Skills and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains knowledge of human resources trends and employment legislation and interprets and ensures the City’s personnel policies are in compliance with federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Collaborate and assist Department Heads in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters, including, but not limited to, creating and/or updating job descriptions, the recruiting and hiring process, new employee orientation and onboarding, disciplinary actions, workplace investigations, terminations, FMLA, workers’ compensation, annual reviews, employee development and training, employee vacation maximum accrual notices and exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Responds to requests for information from community residents, businesses, and other outside agencies; responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Administers employee benefits’ programs, including but not limited to, employee benefit enrollment and qualifying event enrollment changes.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with City Leadership, Elected Officials, and constituents.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs, extensive knowledge of current ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA and ACA rules and regulations, position classification, job analysis, merit systems and other Human Resources programs.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
An accredited bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on Human Resources Management, Public Administration, or equivalent and 3 years of professional human resources experience in a business or public sector organization, including 2 years at the level of a Human Resources Specialist.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preference given for experience in dispute resolution or conducting workplace investigations and IPMA-HR, SHRM, or PHR certification.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range is $58,927.65 - $81,232.32/DOQ, with a competitive benefits package. Residency is not required.
Qualified candidates should complete the City of Belton online application and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, candidates can mail their cover letter and resume to 506 Main St, Attn: Sheila Ernzen, Belton, MO 64012. No phone calls please.
Applications accepted until position is filled. The candidate selected for this position will receive an offer of employment by the City contingent upon passing a background check, physical, and pre-employment drug test. For more information about the City of Belton, please see the website at www.belton.org.
The City of Belton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. (EOE)