The City of Belton is seeking applications for Firefighter/EMT to fill immediate openings and establish a hiring list for future positions. The evaluation process is anticipated to occur late January or early February. Applications will remain open until the day before the evaluation.
The Belton Fire Department is seeking applicants with the right attitude and abilities to perform as a Firefighter/EMT. This is a great position in a fast-paced working environment. It is very important that applicants possess the right attitude toward serving the public, other city departments, and other agencies.
Day to day activities will include the following:
- Be prepared to respond to all fire and emergency medical calls and render immediate, effective and appropriate care
- Daily training with your unit and departmental training
- Clean, service and return apparatus and equipment to emergency readiness
- Clean, repair and maintain station quarters and grounds
- Perform Fire Safety inspections of local businesses
- Public Education Programs
- Give fire department station tours
- Maintain personal physical fitness and participate in an on-duty physical fitness program
- Perform other duties as assigned
The applicant would report to and be supervised by a station captain.
Upon selection, the applicant must successfully pass a background check, drug test, and medical physical test all performed and paid for by the city.
Upon selection, you will receive a very competitive benefit package that includes the following:
- Starting salary Firefighter/EMT $40,490.60
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Social Security
- Lagers L-6 Retirement Plan (2% Multiplier)
- Gym membership
- Tuition reimbursement program
For a full job description, click here(PDF, 155KB).
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person to the Belton Fire Department, Attn. Fire Chief John T. Sapp, 16300 N. Mullen Rd, Belton, Missouri 64012. Questions may be directed to Fire Chief John Sapp, 816-331-7969.
Each qualified applicant must submit a cover letter, city application, and all their required certificates. Applications are available online www.belton.org.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).