The City of Belton is accepting applications to fill the Account Clerk/Cashier position in the Finance Department. The right candidate will enjoy working with the public and must have great customer service skills. For additional details, please see the Account Clerk-Cashier job description(PDF, 133KB).
Required Skills and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service functions for the City of Belton regarding payment of services (water bills, permits, ambulance, etc)
- Keep accurate financial records and perform general clerical accounting work including posting records or collection, performing simple arithmetic computations, posting data to records of original entry and checking forms for completeness and accuracy
- Conducts research related to problem accounts and issues
- Responds to customer questions and inquiry
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows applications
- General office skills – filing, letter writing/email, telephone etiquette, customer service
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication
High School Diploma/GED and two years of experience performing varied office, bookkeeping, and clerical tasks in a heavy customer service environment; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Beginning pay range is $16.46/hr to $17.29/hr, depending on qualifications, with a competitive benefit package.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, a City application, and resume by email to email@example.com or by mail to Belton City Hall, Attn: Mari Jones, 506 Main Street, Belton, Missouri 64012. No phone calls please.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Upon selection, a background check and physical/drug test are required.
Click here to apply.
The City of Belton, Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)