Download the New Belton Business License Procedure Handout
for details on opening a new business in Belton and a complete listing of required items and additional requirements.
Submit an Application
Fill out the Business License Application
long with it submit proof of valid identification - (only one is required)
- Driver License issued by a U.S. state
- Birth Certificate issued by a U.S. state OR birth certificate issued by the U.S. Department of State, if born abroad to U.S. citizen parents
- U.S. Passport issued by the U.S. Department of State
- Certificate of Citizenship, if born abroad and U.S. citizenship was acquired through a U.S. citizen parent
- Naturalization Certificate, if U.S. citizenship was acquired after 18 years of age through the naturalization process
If the business owner lives in Belton, previous year's Cass County personal property tax receipt OR letter of non-assessment.
For some businesses, there are certain applications
Massage Therapy Business
/ Massage Therapist
Check for Additional Regulations
Check for local zoning ordinances, regulations, building permits, and fire codes. Certain businesses require additional licenses / regulations
or are only allowed in specific areas.
Fire and Building inspections are required. If you sell consumable products (i.e., food/drinks), a Cass County health inspection is required.
The last page of each application has a checklist of additional information required for specific types of businesses.
If you wish to sell alcohol, please contact the City Clerk's Office. 816.331.4331
Pay the Appropriate Fees
After all inspections are completed and approved and all required information obtained, you can pay the appropriate fees at City Hall and a license will be issued to you. All licenses must be paid for by cash or check (made out to the City of Belton). License fees are not prorated and all licenses expire June 30 of each year.
Please note - a business license is assigned to a particular business name, address, and owner. If these change, a new application must be filed.