The Community Services Unit provides:
- Community Programs, such as the citizens academy which is a program held for 11 three hour classes to introduce citizens to the field of law enforcement.
- Crime Prevention, such as neighborhood watch programs, National Night Out against crime (block parties), security surveys, police officer trading cards, bicycle registration and identi-kid programs.
- Problem-Oriented Policing: Focused problem solving for repeated calls for service at specific locations.
- Public Relations: Scheduling of requests by citizens and businesses for appearances, speakers and special programs.
- Public Education: Self defense, home and business security and child safety.
- Bicycle Patrol: Special requests for patrol in trouble areas or special community events.
- Special Services and Events: Coordination of civilian volunteers and reserve officers involved in programs. Research funding through grants.