506 Main St.
Ph: (816) 331-4331
Fx: (816) 322-4620
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The city manager is appointed by a majority of the entire City Council
and is the chief executive officer of the city.
The city manager is ultimately responsible to the City Council for the management of all city affairs placed in the manager’s charge under the Belton City Charter
- Advising the City Council on policy issues
- Appointing and supervising all department heads except the police chief and the director of the Parks and Recreation Department
- Appointing and suspending or removing all city employees and appointed administrative officers provided for by and under the City Charter
- Enforcing all laws, ordinances, contracts, etc.
- Managing the administration of all department officers and agencies of the city, except as otherwise provided by the City Charter
- Preparing and administering the annual budget approved by the City Council
- Providing information to the public
- Providing staff support services for the mayor and City Council